Skip to main content

Struggling to solve Discovered but currently not index issue

It's been two - three day since me and my friend started our blog journey. Before that we have tried various ways to earn money like recording a book, creating a YouTube videos etc. But not all of them are success in terms of revenue earned.

Laptop with human hands on it.

I woke up early in the morning, and after that I stated my daily routine like brushing, bathing and taking breakfast. After that I remembered my blogging journey so immediately I stated (Turned On) my personal computer. Actually Last night I wasn't sleep well because of constantly remembering my blogging journey, about 

  • How will I actually do it,
  • How will I implement any idea,
  • How will I utilize different concept etc...

So remembering that while my PC was turning on slow as usual! after My PC turned on first thing I did was checking emails on my primary email address on Gmail.com. I regularly check my email address in a hope that I might find any job opportunity in Linkedin.com. But you know not a single email about it! However I got the email regarding the my profile views on LinkedIn which is exciting and annoying both at same time. Why? I am excited because some recruiter found my profile in search and it is annoying that no one actually contacted me regarding job opportunity.

Now back to the topic, then I opened blogger.com. And logging in that blogging website. First thing I did was checking emails. Then I opened my blogger dashboard. When I created my first new fresh blog first thing I did was the selecting the name. Selecting the blog address or name is the hardest part of the journey. But some how I selected appropriate name of my blog with proper keyword in it like, Review, Fresh, Blog, Knowledge etc.

Then second hardest part it to select the blog template or theme. There are by default various themes are available to select like, Contempo, Soho, Emporio, Notable etc. In all of that Emporio and Notable was my choice because of its elegant mobile friendly design. Finally after much thinking I selected Notable theme for my blog. After that I remembered there are external third party templates are also available so I searched on google. I searched SEO friendly blogger template, minimalistic blogger template etc. All the result I found was not satisfying because some of them are paid templates and some are too busy (complex) templates, so I finally selected to stay with blogger default template Notable.

I applied theme properly, set down the gadgets properly like search widget, labels, about me and Pages. Then I wrote a meta description of my blog which is most essential part for SEO. Meta description gives overall idea about blog in 150 words. Then I checked out setting tab, in setting I have allowed comments to all including anonymous comments, but it is possible that we might get spammy comments or comments with links for backlink purpose from random guys. So I selected comment moderation to "Always". Now I don't want an email on each new comment published so made it as it is, No change at all!.

Now its time for little SEO work, first thing I did was edited my template by "Edit HTML" option and converted HTML tags from H3 to H1. Let me explain in detail. By default blogger follow the structure of HTML tag in this way, H1 for blog name, H2 for date, and H3 for blog post title. But as we know all the high quality website follows structure as follows: H1 for post tittle and H2,H3 for general title in article, blog address does not have any tags. So by little tweaking  and some internet search I was succeeded to set H1 tag for post title from H3 tag, and I removed H1 tag for blog title and created blog title with div tag only. By this was when I write a post I can now give any other subheading with H2 tag and H3 tag respectively. So after this editing now my blog post structure follows H1,H2 and H3 tags in literal way.

Now Its time for most crucial part, Post writing! For post writing it was hard to select topic on which I could write an article. In simple words I can say I couldn't figured out what to write, so I selected randomly topics and stated writing an article. I even took help of ChatGPT to see my experiment with blogging. My experiment includes three ways, first is to read other persons articles and rewrite my own thought on it, second thing I did was by using ChatGPT I wrote some articles, and third is to write is my own post in my own words no copy past even not to read other articles.

Then Its time for blog submissions! Actually I made 6 blogs on six different topics. Now opened Google Search Console and added new property for blog. I choose Domain property just because it includes my all URL structure like www, non www, http and https. Then step by step I summitted all of my blogs in google search console. And after that I submitted sitemap also which url follows like this: youdomainname.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml. Immediately google recognized my site maps and got the message submitted successfully.

Now its problem time! All of my 6 blogs only two were submitted successfully in Google, In other words when we search on Google: "ourblogname" exact words it comes in SERP(Search engine result pages). It is sad that only two was recognize by google out of six blogs. I don't know how Indexing works. You know that two blogs which was successfully submitted has only one post! And other blog which has 20+ post was not submitted or indexed in Google, not even homepage URL!!!.

Not the hardest part, After doing all of this (mentioned above) I got "Discovered but currently not index issue on Google search console in blog which has 20+ posts. Actually two blogs were submitted successfully was only homepages, Not posts. Not a single post out of my blog post was indexed.

So I decided to check what's wrong. I found that issue associated with low quality and duplicate contents. All I can do is to improve my existing posts. But I can't do that because I already did on first try.

Next step Took was to create some static page on my blog, I created Contact Us page on my blog and submitted to search console, I did know that submitting pages is not that easy but there is second sitemap in blogger as follows: yoururl.blogspot.com/sitemap-pages.xml. I submitted for the same. Then I wrote an attribution on footer with blog name, year and copywrite symbol in a hope that Google will recognize my URL and index it.

But again failed it been two days since I am getting this issue, I did watched YouTube video that showed that blog indexed in Realtime not even hours but in minutes, but one thing to note that blog shown in video was hosted on WordPress not blogger. But I remember that one of my friend has also started blogging, So I took a look at it and boom his blog was indexed after one month and out of 7, 3 URLs were indexed.

Now Its time for my third experiment, which is completely write own blog post in my own words. No ChatGPT, not copy past and not even reference! which is this post!!! If you are reading this then it is now clear that what is happening on Google search console. Thank you, and Happy blogging. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I learned that changing the world isn't such a big deal from small things

I'm sure many great, powerful and rich people think about how they can make a difference world. There are so many big problems, and they require big solutions, right?  Actually, sometimes little things can make a really big difference. I learnt this lesson one day nine years ago with my father, when I was just acting like myself-a nine-year-old kid.  Papa came home late from work after 9pm. He's a businessman who works long hours, and on this day he looked even more tired and stressed than usual. His eyes were already half-closed from weariness. I, on the other hand, was completely hyper. I followed him to his bedroom, skipping and doing the "Walrus Dance," which I had made up myself. This ridiculous routine involved twisting my arms and legs in opposite directions.  Papa trudged up the stairs, slowly lifting his large feet one after the other. He seemed to fall deeper and deeper into exhaustion every step he took. I was afraid that I would have to start pushing him,

React: Letters from readers

A policeman had come home in my absence to verify my passport application, but did not leave a note. I just went to the Passport Office, and it was disgusting. Sorry, but I've decided that giving Rs.500 to the sub-inspector is something I'm actually going to do. - Usha Verma Kejriwal's Crusade As a race, we have been known to give in to temptation [Arvind Kejriwal's Quest for Change, May]. Companies pay huge kickbacks for contracts while the common man pays a tenner to the peon to meet an officer. Unable to shake ourselves from the web of corruption, we find our selves deeper in it. Yet there is hope as long as people like Kejriwal can dream of a corruption-free India. - Dr Ashwani K. Malhotra, Ludhiana The problem is that only a few of us want an end to corruption. Why politicians do not want to check the malady needs no explanation. Bureaucrats like to serve under corrupt bosses because they too can male a quick buck. Businessmen prefer to grease a palm instead of sta

Nothing like an autobiography

Nobody, the movie moghul Samuel Goldwyn is supposed to have said, should write their autobiography until after they are dead. Indians seem to fell the same way, for very few of them have written accounts of their lives. Indeed until very recent times, only a handful even kept diaries: the only Indian I've heard of who kept one before the 19th century was Ananda Ranga Pillai, an 18th century merchant who became the chief agent for the French in Pondicherry. Things have changed. Many Indians have written about their lives including two if greatest Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru. And although the four memoirs that I write about here are not as well as known as The Story of My Experiments with Truth and An Autobiography , they're all of the first rank. The first, THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF AN UKNOWN INDIAN , is the story of one our most original, irascible and provocative intellectuals, Nirad Chaudhuri. Published in 1951 when Chaudhuri was 54, it was his first book and, in the opin

Amazing Grace | Kindness of strangers

My husband and I belong to different religions. That, I think, was reason enough for my mother-in-law to dislike me. One Sunday, we had a quarrel. Things got out of hand when the three of us began screaming. I lost my temper when my husband took her side and stormed out of the house. I felt lost, so I went to the nearby church where Mass was on. Inside, I found a desolate corner, sat on a pew and started crying. As the service was ending, I made the sign of the cross, went out and sat on the stairs. Soon, a very old lady came and stood beside me. I looked up at her pale, wrinkled face, and she asked me to lend her a hand. With my help, she got down the first two steps, but to my surprise she sat down beside me. My first thought was that she was waiting for someone to pick her up. But no one came. She remained quiet and still held my hand gently. Although I found her behaviour a bit odd, I must admit, I also found it comforting. Neither of us said a word. After a while, when I had calme